Monday, June 7, 2010

The Hoerse

All of my tools come compliments of my uncle, who's farm and land I use.

He gave me my two hoes. These are the bread and butter of my weed control. I get in between the strawberry plants, take all the transgressing life out of my rows.

He gave me my first roto-tiller, too. This I used to reform my rows before my first planting. I'd been forced to drive over my ridges as I made them; so I had ridges where before there were none, but the soil was compacted. It's a good machine, but you have to pull it, walking backwards.

The newest and latest tiller though. My goodness. I'm using it for the aisles. It has wheels! It goes forward, and reverse, in both fast and slow speeds! I just walk behind it, ever so slowly, and make sure it doesn't go crazy. On the safety flap that keeps your feet from stepping into the blades, it just says "The Horse."

No comments:

Post a Comment