Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hoes & Spades

After visiting Kansas City for the Honest Farmette's family reunion this weekend, I was looking forward to knocking out the rest of the weeds in the strawberry patch. My Uncle was one step ahead of me, and called for another weeding party. This one featured hoes and spades. I wielded one of the latter for the first time, quite efficiently if I do say so myself. Together we got it all down to three aisles by eight. After breakfast the task was continued, and at noon, the field was weed free. Hooooooooray!

At its worst, it took 2.5 hours to go through a row. Now, with a hoe, it takes 30-45 minutes for a row and aisle together. Four rows a day is the new goal, and that'll put me through the field in 6 days. I think that sounds easy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment