Monday, July 26, 2010

Hoed Every Row

A little behind schedule, but every row has been hoed.

The tomatoes are beginning to turn red. The cherry tomatoes have been yellow/orange for a couple weeks now, but I've ate all of them instead of taking them to market.

I have a bunch of broccoli that has been big for a while, but a few of them have only now begun putting on the actually head of broccoli. I don't know what's up with them, but I sure wish they'd hurry up.

I also dug up some potatoes after the last rain. I planted a variety called All Blue, but the potatoes themselves are purple. They're a little hardier than the other varieties. I haven't figured out the best way to prepare them yet, but last night I cut them up and fried them like breakfast potatoes. They were alright that way. I might try them in a stew instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment